Quentin R. Baker
Enthusiastic young software engineer with a strong record of app development, software and developer support, firmware development and maintenance, and technical writing.
AWS Development, Administration, and Networking - Objective C and Swift for iOS - Chef automation - Linux System Administration - C Firmware Development - .NET Core
Software Engineer, SpinDance Inc.
Sep 2018 - Present (3 Years)
My Experience includes:
- Maintaining and Upgrading In-house Systems. Serve as the primary person in charge of maintenance and updating the company's infrastructure-as-code. Currently leading the migration process from Chef to a new stack deployed with Terraform and Ansible technologies.
- Developing Enterprise-Scale APIs. Leveraging the Azure platform and modern .NET technology, I work with a hybrid team across three businesses to develop and deploy a back-end API that delivers equipment telematics on a global scale.
- Producing Cloud-connected Firmware. Using the ESP32 platform, deliver firmware that can both reliably and consistently function according to customer expectations and desires; enabling detailed custom metrics and firmware updates via MQTT.
- Maintaining and Creating Cloud Infrastructure. As an AWS Certified Developer, I am one of the go-to individuals for creating, maintaining, or troubleshooting AWS cloud services across the board, including EC2, S3, IoT Core, and all things AIM.
- Supporting other Engineers. Manage internal and customer server deployments, triage incidents with DataDog when on-call, and remove technical or infrastructure blockers for other teams.
Calvin University (Formerly Calvin College) - Computer Science, B.S.
Open Source Contributions